Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Providing for your children after the divorce - the story of a mother

If the father of my children left home, I was in half-empty house, staring at the faces of my innocent then 12 - and 8-year-olds. I was not working and not working full time during the year, but when you understand the sweet, had a broken heart, angel, but horrified faces, I knew the first official act, how to take care of them. Today, after nine years of ups and downs, you take care of my children, is a lesson for sure: if not by their own rulesexpect "anything.

We see the Court shows all the time with Deadbeat parents always dressed for themselves, not to support their children to be responsible. It is encouraging to know a single mother struggling to make sure that the system is real, or is it? For us it was a nightmare. Before I knew what was going on (as I wanted to get my foot in the world of work), we lost electricity, water, telephone, a house and possessions. My children were terrified and deeply disappointedthe death of what might happen if the ramen noodles that emanates. Outwardly, I was in my hand. Inwardly, I was ashamed of failure. I knew that nothing but ensure that children were supported arrived.

I reported the public assistance in finding and serving his father, but he was pretty good Dodgeball. Knowing that did not help him a bit ', not even a winter coat, counting the children warm, I that all parents should do: he grabbed my children nearby, took the bull by theHorns, and began to forge his return from the brink. You see, children need continuity and to be as much as possible, and if for every pair of trousers or a parent disappears, is not enough to wait for help. Have as a parent, you have to do everything we can to ensure these children to get their needs met.

In a few months, I had an easy job and returned to school. I learned not to expect someone to come running to their aid, including his father. If these children have eatenare dressed and ball game, it was up to at least one parent to make it happen. Ideally, children should be (provided by both parents, but at the end of the day, no one promises you the parent with custody) everything. They belong to you and your responsibility is to find them first. Priorities to take care of children. Two priority is to ensure the other parent does the same.

About a year later, "father" and was finally located (for paymentscraped together $ 25 fee, l ') from the mouths of my children. Eventually went to court. He could imagine my surprise when he not only has not instructed the 13 months to pay arrears (we actually used), has also been paid yet to start a couple of weeks for something! Since then he has a battle has been played back and forth to get the basic allowance on a consistent basis, let alone help court-ordered medical and dental bills, I have covered. And the extra needs such as school or a dinner out?Absent.

In my efforts to support our children, I managed to get my bachelor's degree with a year in advance in the workplace, coaching, and home-school children. I got a good job and a nice place to try living with enough food and entertainment, things for which to return ruthlessly robbed over the years. And I met the earth, already very ill and he feels very guilty, but the important goals for our children. But I also managed toThey (most of) the bills, paid for the entertainment of children are involved, and offer some of the subtleties of children has long deserved. Yes, it was a bit unreliable support 'child, but in light of his choice, the absence of their lives, was the least he could do. Once again I was with him several times before the Court found in contempt on minor issues, but it seems that he is not in the least disturbed. We came to learn, is not obliged to count on his support when it comes to children, I know it is ultimately myIn order to ensure accountability for their own welfare in the face of parenthood alone.

Participating in a perfect world, both parents and provide financial support, the lives of innocent children who never asked for the disintegration of the family. Provision for children is not optional, it is necessary and not just a legal obligation, but above all a moral issue. If there's one thing I've learned over the years is this: They are my children, and deserve my support. I can not control someone elseActions, but my own, so the children get the support they deserve, I am the first to start checking. Do not expect anything from anyone else, because a gap in the support that the difference between eating and not eating. Funding is available in two parents, but at the end of the day, you have to trust yourself and do what we can offer for children. You do not even say a word about it. They have eyes and will follow (see what my children have left very bitter).What is ultimately important that they know you the best job we can do. Support for children from both parents is worthy of at least one child.

accurate term life insurance quote